Revised Aug. 29, 2019
ProtectionPro® products, services, and this Website are owned by Madico, Inc.
What Information Does Madico Collect?
The information that Madico collects from you depends upon your interactions with us and our Website. For example, if you choose to contact us with a question, Madico will collect your first and last name, company name, telephone number, email address, country, city, state, and any other information you provide us in the questions and comments section of the “Contact Us” form. If you choose to inquire with us about becoming a distributor of ProtectionPro® products, we collect your first and last name, company name, telephone number, email address, country, city, state, and any other information you provide to us in the questions and comments section of the form.
When you consent to our use and deployment of internet cookies, we collect certain statistical information about you while you interact and browse our Website. This information includes the web address that you were viewing immediately prior to arriving at the Website, the web address you visit next (whether the URL is on our site or not), the browser type you are using, the type of computing device you are using, information about your internet provider, a unique identification number, your language preference, country, and internet protocol (“IP”) address.
How does Madico use the Information it Collects?
When you choose to contact us to make an inquiry, we use the information you provide us to respond to your question. When you contact us, the basis for our processing activity is your consent.
If you submit your information to us because you are interested in becoming a distributor of ProtectionPro® products, we use the information you provide to us to communicate to you about becoming a distributor. When you submit your personal information to us in connection with inquiring about a distributorship opportunity, the basis of our processing of your information is by consent and where you do become a distributor, by contract and in accordance with our legitimate interests in operating our business and interacting with our distributor network.
In order to provide the functionality and services that are available on the Website to you, we utilize third party service providers. Our third party service providers include website and data hosting, and marketing service providers. Our contracts with these third party service providers prohibit the use of your information for any purpose other than to render services to Madico.
Does Madico Utilize Cookies?
Does Madico Share the Information it Collects with Third Parties?
Madico contracts with third party service providers for certain services in connection with providing the ProtectionPro® products and services to you, including web and data hosting, and marketing service providers. The information we share with these third parties includes your contact information, account information, and payment information. Our contract with these third parties limits their use of your personal information to the performance of their services to us. In connection with our use of internet cookies, as detailed in the foregoing section, we utilize Google Analytics. We receive compensation through Google Analytics for the information they collect through cookies. More information about Google Analytics is available by following the link in the foregoing section.
Policy Regarding Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from or otherwise market to minor children (anyone under the age of 18 or legally defined as a minor under applicable law). Visitors to our Website must be at least 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age or otherwise classified as a minor, you should not provide any information to us. If a minor child has provided us with personal information, the child’s parent or guardian should contact us using the information provided below to have us delete such information from our records.
Madico has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Website, but please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Madico via the Madico Website or by email cannot be guaranteed. You should remain mindful of the fact that disclosing any personal information over the internet could be intercepted and made accessible to the public and consequently, collected and used by others. Madico has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted over the internet.
External and Third Party Web Pages
Options Regarding your Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete any of the personal information you have provided us, please contact us using the information listed under the heading “Contact Us.” Please clearly describe your request and include enough details so that we may be able to locate your information, or in the alternative, contact you (to the extent not prohibited by applicable law) to verify your request or to obtain additional information necessary to complete your request.
California Consumer Privacy Act
A California Consumer’s Right to Request Access
Effective January 1, 2020, a California resident has the right to request a business that collects personal information about the consumer provide information regarding (1) the categories of personal information it has collected, (2) the categories of sources it has obtained personal information from about the consumer, (3) the business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information, (4) the categories of third parties the business shares personal information with, and (5) the specific pieces of information it has collected about the consumer.
A California resident has the right to request the deletion of their personal information, which can be made by contacting us using the contact information under the heading “Contact Us.”
Right of a California Consumer to Request Information when Personal Information is Sold or Disclosed for a Business Purpose
A California consumer has the right to request of a business that sells or discloses the consumer’s personal information for a business purpose, to disclose to the consumer: (1) the categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, (2) the categories of personal information the business has sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom such personal information was sold, and (3) the categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
California Consumer’s Right not to be Discriminated Against for Exercising Data Rights
The CCPA prohibits a business from discriminating against a consumer on the basis that such consumer exercised their data rights.
You may contact us to exercise any of the foregoing data rights by using the information provided under the heading “Contact Us.”
European Union Data Rights
The European Union’s (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) requires us to provide a EU data subject with certain information when their personal data is collected. References in this section to terms such as “controller,” “personal data,” “processor,” and “supervisory authority” are intended to refer to and have the same meanings conferred to those terms in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of Council of 27 April 2016.
- The controller of personal data is Madico, Inc., 9251 Belcher Road N., Pinellas Park, FL 33782.
- Madico is located in the United States. Any personal data transferred outside of the EU or the European Economic Area will be done so in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations and using approved mechanisms for transferring personal data, including the model clauses approved by the European Commission.
- The personal data we collect is stored for 3,650 days after the date of collection.
- Depending upon the function that you seek to utilize on our Website, personal data we seek to collect from you will be deemed as either “required” or “optional.” Where we indicate that certain personal data is required to complete a particular function on our website, such as indicating your interest to become an authorized dealer, such information is necessary for us to provide the requested service or to fulfill the particular request. If you choose against providing us with the information that is designated as being required, you will not be permitted to complete the request.
- EU data subjects are entitled to certain data rights under the GDPR, including (1) the right to request access to personal data, (2) the right to request rectification of inaccurate information we may have about you, (3) the right to object to a processing activity in certain circumstances, (4) the right to data portability for the personal data we maintain about you, (5) the right to have your personal data erased or deleted, (6) the right to impose a restriction on our processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, (7) the right to make a complaint against us with a supervisory authority; and (8) to the extent our processing of your personal data is based upon our consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You may exercise any of your data rights by contacting us using the information provided below.